Honours Golf Professional Golf Management (PGM) Intern Program
Click Here for the Honours Golf Intern brochure.
Email for more information.
The ultimate goal of the Internship Program is to introduce the business side of golf to PGM college students and to identify prospects for future employment with Honours Golf.
The focus of the Intern Program consists of providing the student exposure to the many duties and responsibilities involved in the golf business. These experiences will help to pave the way for a successful career in the golf industry, ideally with Honours Golf. Some of the areas the intern will be exposed to include the following:
- Outside, range and golf shop operations
- Golf cart operations and fleet management
- Tournament operations
- Golf course markings and rules
- Tee sheet management/Yield management
- Merchandise/inventory control
- Handicap system training
- Customer service
- Exposure to other operations, i.e. Food & Beverage and Turf Care
- Display initiative and positive attitude
- Customer service and good interpersonal skills
- Dependability and good attendance
- Professional appearance and behavior
- Willingness to learn and contribute
- Above and Beyond Performance
Some of the benefits of an internship with Honours Golf include:
- Competitive wages
- Subsidized housing
- Discounts on merchandise and golf privileges
- Participate in Honours Golf’s Intern Day (two days of fun and networking)
- Eligibility to win the Honours Golf Owen Compton Scholarship Award
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program with a concentration in the PGM curriculum; and
- Must have completed the freshman year before the start of the internship; and
- Be legally permitted to work in the United States; and
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.